You are required to carry your valid Refuge Hunting and Fishing Permit (signed brochure) and your current special recreation permit at all times when hunting on the Refuge. You must present these documents to any authorized refuge official upon request when hunting on the refuge.
You must carry a current, signed Refuge Hunting and Fishing Permit when hunting on the refuge. The permit is on the front cover of this brochure – Pocosin Lakes National Wildlife Refuge Hunting and Fishing Regulations. If you are 16 years of age or older, you must also pay a $15 special recreation permit fee to obtain a special recreational permit to hunt on the refuge. Your receipt for payment serves as your Refuge Recreational Activity Permit.
You may pay the fee and receive the permit
1) by mail or 2) in person at the Refuge Headquarters/ Visitor Center in Columbia, NC, or 3) online. 1. To obtain the permit by mail, send the following to Pocosin Lakes National Wildlife Refuge, PO Box 329, Columbia, NC 27925:
• The hunter’s name, address, and phone number.
• A check or money order (do not send cash through the mail) for the $15.00 fee made payable to Pocosin Lakes National Wildlife Refuge, and
• A stamped, legal sized self-addressed envelope.
• Please indicate if you want a copy of this brochure/general permit returned with each special recreation permit for hunting. The envelope you provide MUST be large enough to hold all the permits and brochures you are requesting and the envelope MUST have enough postage to cover the U.S. Postal Service’s fees for delivering the materials to you. Multiple hunters can apply together and the fees for all the hunters can be paid with a single check or money order.
2. Permits are usually available at the Refuge Headquarters/ Visitor Center located at 205 South Ludington Drive, Columbia, NC during our core business hours (9 am-3 pm, Monday - Friday, except Federal holidays).
It’s a good idea to call before making the trip to our Headquarters/Visitor Center. Call 252-796-3004 extension 234 for the Visitor Center or 221 for the Administrative Assistant’s desk to ensure someone will be available to help you.
3. You may pay the hunt fee online via this web page, below.
Click on button below to pay your Pocosin Lakes National Wildlife Refuge hunt fee, online. You will receive a receipt via email. There is a .50 cent processing fee added for using the 'pay on-line' option. Your credit card total will be $15.50. You have the option of paying by check if you prefer. Credit card payment website is a secure site. Your credit card number is not provided to us.
coastal Wildlife Refuge Society
Supporting Northeastern North Carolina's National Wildlife Refuges
Note: If the name on the credit card does not match the name of the hunter for whom the permit is purchased, be sure to document the hunter's name on payment form under 'description.'
DOWNLOAD Pocosin Lakes Refuge Hunting & Fishing Regulations and permit - latest edition!
ALERT - This is NOT the site for Mattamuskeet Refuge hunt registration. Go to .Mattamuskeet's Hunt Fee page
Coastal Wildlife Refuge Society © ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
+1 252 473-1132 X 224